Thursday 12 April 2012

Product Review: Redken Velvet Gelatine 07

My hair is always lacking something. I think it's generally because it's so fine. I always love going to the hair dressers and have them do my hair because it looks full and bouncy. 


A friend recommended that I try Velvet Gelatine 07 from Redken to add some extra body to my hair. So I thought I would buy it and give it a go. 




Velvet Gelatine is a cushioning blow-dry gel that reinvents blow-dries with body and bounce. Light, airy gel melts into hair for a cushioned finish with natural looking shine. 


You apply a medium amount to damp hair and blow-dry. Pretty easy.




What I do think? The texture is quite think so when I first tried it I was expecting it to leave my hair heavy and slightly oily. But it didn't at all. My hair was really lovely after and had some body to it, which was a really nice surprise. My hair also was able to be slightly styled throughout the day (i.e. create the mess look). Although it doesn't do an as good job of keeping the fly-away hairs down unlike the amazing non hair oil oil a bit of hair spray does the job. 


All in all I would say it's a pretty great product especially if you have fine hair and are looking for a bit of body and texture.


Nat xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your detailed review. I also think it's a great product. I ordered it here for cheaper than Amazon:

    http://www.haircareandbeauty.com/index.php/redken-velvet-gelatine-07-3-4-oz.html

    ReplyDelete