Tuesday 25 October 2011

Brand in the spotlight: Boscia

I recently got a few Boscia (Bo-sha) products from Sehpora and so far I’m really impressed with them.
Boscia was developed in Japan 32 years ago and is the world’s first 100% preservative-free botanically based skincare company. They combine botanical ingredients with Japanese technology that is gentle on the skin. All Boscia products are made without: Preservatives, Ethanol alcohol, Bactericides, Synthetic fragrances, Synthetic colorants, Mineral oil and Animal ingredients.





I really liked the fact that these products don’t contain a lot of the nasties that can cause problems in other skincare brands/products. My skin isn’t overly sensitive, but I do try to use gentle products on my skin.
The three products that I got were the Pore Purifying Black Strips, Luminizing Black Mask and No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment.

Pore Purifying Black Strips. Ingrediences are Charcoal Powder, Silica, Witch Hazel Extract, Jojoba Leaf and Willowherb.



These are essentially just normal pore strips, but they also work to reduce the pores that are in your nose area. The strips are also really fine, and apply really well. I thought they worked really well. Some pore strips aren’t that great, but these really got everything out. I also found that my pores did look smaller after using them. 3 days later my pores still look smaller and not a blackhead in sight.

Luminizing Black Mask. Ingrediences are Vitamin C, Montmorillonite Clay, Pine bark extract, Jojoba Leaf and Willowherb.



This is essentially a luminizing mask that makes your skin brighter and smother. It also has antioxidants that help dryness, dullness and wrinkles. I really liked this mask. My skin looked great after and I did notice is was more hydrated and also more luminous. However, peeling this mask off was painful; not fun at all. I would recommend washing it off with warm water.

No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment. Ingrediences are Artichoke leaf extract, Silica, Burdock root, Jojoba leaf and Willowherb.



This is a primer like product that you apply after your moisturiser and it helps minimize the size of your pores and blackheads. It also helps matte the skin. It goes on really nicely and it a great base for liquid foundation and powder. I found that it did an ok job of keeping oil away, but it could have been better.

Overall I think Boscia have some really great products and I like their brand philosophies about keeping their products pure and gentle on your skin. It is your largest organ after all so you should look after it.

Nat xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Those pore strips sound amazing! I use the Biore ones but the blackheads come back in a day or two :( The No Pores No Shine treatment sounds good too, I have super oily skin so i've been looking for a mattifier to try and combat it! Murad products are on sale on ASOS atm, i'm a bit tempted hehe.
    xx

    ReplyDelete