Thursday 20 October 2011

Product Review: La Mer’s Crème de la Mer

I have wanted to try La Mer’s Crème de la Mer because a) I’ve heard that it’s really good b) it has an amazing cult following and c) it’s really expensive! So naturally I would like to try it for the sake of saying I tried it (meh can you blame me?!). And I was lucky enough to get the chance a few months ago. Russh magazine ran a promotion with La Mer for World’s Ocean Day, which gave the 1st 200 consumers in-store a free 7.5mL sample. Pretty amazing huh??


So what is Crème de la Mar? Crème de la Mar is essentially sea kelp, calcium, potassium, vitamins C, E and B12, citrus oil, eucalyptus oil, alfalfa and sunflower oil. Nothing too special, but it’s what’s done with them that’s interesting. These ingredients are distilled for 3-4 months, which turns them into what La Mer calls their Miracle Broth. This Miracle Broth was created by Dr. Max Huber, who was looking for a cure for chemical burns that he sustained to the greater part of his body during an experience. 12 years and 6,000 experiments later Max developed the Miracle Broth.





My first impressions were really good. The cream itself smells lovely; not too strong and not like perfume, very natural. The texture is also lovely, a very light and soft cream.

You apply the cream by warming it up on your fingertips before you apply it and then pat it on your skin; you don’t wipe it on like normal creams. It was a little bit tricky getting this down at first but after a few uses it was fairly easy.

The results: I found Crème de la Mer very hydrating. I noticed that after the first use. My skin looked plump and healthy. After a few uses I noticed my skin had a really nice radiance to it: all in all a very lovely cream.

The price: is Crème de la Mer worth $250 for 30ml? Well, if I had the money I would be tempted to splurge on this because it is a lovely cream and my skin did look good whilst using it. So I would say buy it if you have the money!

Nat xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. wow that's very awesome that they gave away samples! that almost never happens!!

    I tried it in the duty free of NZ airport -such a gorgeous product, and (if we could all afford it) worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the money! It's such a great cream.

    ReplyDelete