OK so recently there have been a lot of DYI skincare, beauty treatments and tips/tricks going around. I’m not much of a DIY’er but I have seen a few things that look quite interesting.
So I decided to try and make my own lip balm! YAY! The reason for this was because I have this lovely coral lipstick but it dries my lips out every time I use it. A few weeks ago I read that if you melt down a lip balm product (Vaseline, Plain Lip Balms etc) and add some of the lipstick you want to use for color, you can make your own tinted lip balm (pretty kool huh?!). And here is my attempt!
|One of my tins of Shea Butter|
1. When I was living in Vienna, I became obsessed with L’Occitane’s Shea Butter. And since I could buy it really cheap I bought a lot of it (and when I say a lot, I mean I really don’t think I’ll use this much in my lifetime). So I decided to use this as my base
2. I scooped a bunch of the Shea Butter into a microwavable bowl and melted it for about 30 seconds.
3. I stirred and heated for another 20 seconds.
4. Then I chopped up my coral lipstick. I only used about ½ of what I had left.
5. I mixed the lipstick and Shea butter together and heated for another 20 seconds.
6. Lastly, I put the mixture into a little jar that you can use as your tinted lip balm container.
And here is the result...
|Here is my tinted lip balm|
|And here is what it looks like|
I’m really happy with how it turned out.
What do you think of my little DIY tinted lip balm?
Are there any DIY skincare treatments/products that you want to try?