Friday 17 June 2011

My Product Samples

There are so many beauty products floating around, probably millions. And I don’t know about you but I find this exhausting and overwhelming. Companies and brands are always going on about how they have ‘created’ the miracle cream that is going to change beauty. And sometimes it’s hard to tell if they’ve created an awesome product, or if it’s just a bunch of BS.

The best idea to wade through the jungle of skincare is doing research on the products that you are interested in and trying them out. You really need to try a product for about a week or so to really see how it’s going to affect your skin. This is where product samples come in really handy, and also why beauty revolutions like Birchbox have taken off so well. 

The problem with samples is, most of the time you have to actually purchase a product before you get an. This really makes the ‘try before you buy’ concept pretty hard.  Some of the time though companies give really good samples without you having to buy anything. I have been lucky enough get some of these and here are my best of the best samples.

SUPER Hyper Hydrator

I got this sample from Kit Cosmetics once SUPER had launched here in Australia. I had heaps about this brands, but wasn’t sure how good it would be. So testing out on of their moisturizers was a good introduces. I also got a mini facial too as part of the promotion they were running. Check it out here.







Shiseido The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge

Today I had a free skin consultation at Shiseido as part of their new promotion they are running. It was really good as I have used some Shiseido products before, and it was interesting to see what other products in their range I could use. So I look forward to trying this new moisturizer.







Redken Heat Styling Thermo Active

I got this sample a while ago at an event I was at and there was a Redken stand. It has lasted for ages and I’m almost out. I will be buying the full size of this product as it’s one of the best heat styling products I’ve ever used and makes my hair feel amazing.







SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, SK-II Sign Signature Cream, SK-II Melting Rich Cream

I really love these samples because they last a really long time. It’s almost like having a mini full sized product.









Dernalogica Skin Renewal Booster

When I went to my beautician last (which was longer then I would like to admit), she used this on my skin and I really loved it. When I left she gave me a sample of it. Again, this was a great sample because it has lasted for ages.








Benefit’s Crescent Row perfumes.

When I was in American last year, I got give this sample free when I bought some stuff at Sephore. It’s really just some nice little perfume samples, but how amazing is the packaging.?!






And this would have to be the best sample I have even gotten, La Mer’s Crème De La Mer.

Crème De La Mer costs $250 for 30ml, which is pretty crazy, and this sample is 7.5ml worth. (I got this for free!). And after using this for just over a week I have to say it’s pretty damn amazing. I’m going to do a post about it soon (it’s on my list of things to do).







So after trying all these out for myself, I can see the crazy of these sample companies and I can’t wait until this launch here in Australia.

What's the best product samples you've ever received?

Nat xoxo  

No comments:

Post a Comment