Wednesday 31 August 2011

IMATS – Interview with Elessa Jade

As I mentioned last week, I’m attending the IMATS in September as part of the ABBW. If I wasn’t lucky enough to get to attend, being part of the ABBW has also given me the opportunity to interview some of the keynote speakers! Amaze Balls!
Elessa Jade is a famous beauty blogger from the US. Her blog site is http://www.pursebuzz.com/ and she also has a YouTube channel youtube.com/pursebuzz.
It’s always awesome getting the opportunity to speak to successful bloggers because a) it gives you inspiration for your own blog to succeed and also b) they know their stuff and are full of wonderful bits of information that can help you!
So on to the interview…
NM: What inspired you to start a beauty blog?
EJ: I was inspired because I loved reading and watching the food network and video game websites. But I couldn’t find one about beauty…so I was like YES!!! I have found it!
NM: How have you kept your content fresh to keep people coming back?
EJ: New products, new ideas and I’m not afraid to try new ideas. If it isn’t good…move on.
NM: If you could give yourself 1 piece of advice when you first started out what would it be?
EJ: To not be so scared and to just go full on. I recently quit a really good career as a project manager to do this full time but I wish I did it sooner.
NM: What are your top 3 tips for beauty bloggers starting out?
EJ: Be yourself, don’t copy…be inspired and lots of pictures!
So I guess it really is all in taking a chance and following your dreams!
You can see Elessa Jade at the IMATS on Saturday 24th September from 10-11am or Sunday 25th September from 11:15am-12:15pm.
Stay tuned for more IMATS interviews…there are 2 more to come! I know, I’m excited too.
Nat xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment