Wednesday 7 September 2011

IMATS – Interview with Napoleon Perdis

This is my last IMATS keynote speaker interview! Sad I know! I was really excited about this interview because Napoleon is really such a force in the beauty industry.
I have used a number of Napoleon products over the years and they are really great. So the man behind it must really know his stuff. And good news, he really does!
Check out the interview…
NM: As a major influencer in the beauty industry, what is your number one beauty tip?
NP: Not to prime is a crime! It’s been my career-long mantra. Not only does my Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer create a flawlessly smooth base for makeup, it also a fabulous multi-tasker. I tell models to use the primer as a cream cleanser to remove foundation and then reapply for a revitalizing glow. And for a great low-fi look, I like to mix primer with equal parts foundation for a DIY tinted moisturiser.
This is really so true! I love a good primer and it really does make such a difference. Here are my top primer picks.
Napoleon's Auto Pilot Primer

Benefit's POREfessional
 
Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer
 NM: What new trends will be coming out as we move towards summer?
NP: Summer is the perfect time to wear berry lip shades like raspberry and cranberry. For the eyes, try neon liners or creamy metallics for an updated bronzed eye look. And lots of bronzer, naturally.
NM: We have seen a lot of bold, bright colours coming out recently. What are your top colours picks at the moment?
NP: It’s definitely not a time for chromophobia (fear of colour)! I’m loving precious jewel-toned shades like emerald greens, sapphire blues, amethyst purples and ruby reds at the moment.
Colour is HUGE at the moment! It’s not “apparently going to be huge” (quoting Ron Burgundy) it is HUGE!
NM: What new product is a “must have” for every women?
NP: The Ultimate Contour Palette. I love beautiful, contoured cheekbones and I wanted to create a palette that made it easy for all women. This one lets you colour, highlight and shape your face for an instant image upgrade. I’m confident it’s going to become a cult product for us.
Check out the Contour Palette. It looks pretty awesome.
 NM: What is your all-time favorite beauty product?
NP: Mascara. It’s a non-negotiable. A couple of coats of black mascara instantly opens up the face.
You can see Napoleon at the IMATS on Saturday 24th September at 4-5pm.
And that’s it folks! You can check out my other interviews with Donna Mee and Elessa Jade.
Hope you see you all at the IMATS. It looks like it’s going to be an amazing event and would be a shame to miss if you are obsessed with everything in the realm of beauty.
Nat xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment